It's finally my favorite time of year again! I love everything about fall... the cooler weather, the changing leaves, and most of all, I love pumpkin flavored desserts! This pumpkin roll is a simple but delicious way to celebrate the season.
|Mixing the cake batter|
|Spreading cake batter into prepared jelly roll pan|
|Spreading cream cheese filling over cool cake|
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cloves
¼ tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a jelly roll pan by lining with greased and floured parchment paper.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in a separate bowl, then beat in pumpkin. Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Spread mixture into jelly roll pan.
3. Bake cake for 13-15 minutes. Top of cake should bounce back if touched. Turn cake out onto a kitchen towel, sprinkled with powdered sugar. Peel off parchment paper and roll up cake with towel. Allow the cake to cool while rolled up with towel.
4. Prepare filling by beating together cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract. Filling should be fluffy and easy to spread.
5. Once cake has cooled, unroll, and spread cream cheese filling over cake. Reroll the cake. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow filling to set. Sprinkle finished cake with powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/32372/LIBBYS-Pumpkin-Roll/detail.aspx
-Posted by Jennifer